Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Alter Ego or Normal me

“You know what my problem with current generation is; the line between being a total loser and coolest guy around is so blurred that they can be used interchangeably for most of the cases.

Look at the guy riding the bike without helmet, how careless.
Look at the guy without helmet, feeling the speed, Thrilling.

Don’t know what he smoked last night; he missed the afternoon exam, such a looser.
Don’t know what he smoked last night man; he didn’t even wake up till three next day, cool story bro.

His parents asked him why he is debarred due to less attendance. He replied them back that they are too illiterate to understand any college stuff, he is a total loser.
His parents questioned him about his short attendance; you should have seen his looser parents face when he told them that they haven’t even passed school and lecturing him about college stuff. He always has the best comebacks.

He just married two months back and he is also having illicit relationships with many other women, such a Shameless fellow.
 Dude, forget his wife, he also has three different girlfriends in different cities, all of them are super-hot, Man, what a stud he is.

He convinced his parents for his sister’s inter-religion marriage, such an understanding brother.
Instead of beating the shit out that guy who is having affair with his sister, who is not even of the same religion, he is talking to his parents in favor of that bastard and he calls himself a man also.

They always put an address slip with contact details in their kid’s pocket, how responsible parents they are.
His parents are so uncool. They put an address slip in his pocket. He is a courier or what.”


“I am sorry that I showed you that meme. God! You are ready to preach about anything anytime.” He interrupted me in between.

But I was probably in no mood to stop right there “No man, you just don’t get it. It isn’t about that meme that was actually funny. I would have probably laughed out loud on that in an isolated context. The thing is you showed me that as a reference to prove a point. That’s what bothers me.

People just don’t get jokes or humor of any kind. It’s either they are deeply offended by it or they take it as a license to do something.

That stand-up comedian made fun of it, it’s so uncool to do or he mentioned it in his gig, it’s the coolest thing to do.

I am telling you if you tag 50 friends of yours in a meme. Let’s say in this one:

There three type of stupid people in the world:
 Stupid 
Super Stupid
Then there are those who think their teeth will actually get pyria if they won’t brush every morning.

And I am pretty sure at least few of them start feeling that brushing their teeth every morning is uncool and they will start tagging other people to make them feel the same.

There are jokes on proper food habit, proper sleeping habits, proper etiquettes and about what not and they are funny too when they do it in their stand-up act but that doesn’t make those things any uncool or improper. A meme about something doesn’t legitimize anything. A meme against something doesn’t make any thing uncool also for that matter.”

“Dude, I hope that I don’t meet you ever again in metro, enough of these coincidences. You were telling me that I am the cop of moral police then what are you? A CBI of that?  Look inside yourself first and practice what you preach.” His station arrived. Metro gates got opened. He waived me good bye. I was still standing there in self analyzing mode.

I was really surprised how I can be so preachy. I opened the selfie camera and took a good look of myself. I felt so uncool of me. By the time I was getting off the metro, I decided that I need to find somebody uglier (that I probably can considering the population) or younger (who actually respect elders and doesn’t reply back) or lesser in physique (that’s a bit hard to find though) and have to make some insulting jokes about him so that I can feel cool about myself again.

10 comments:

  1. I don't really think of people as cool, unless maybe Clint Eastwood. When people think they are cool or being cool, they are usually not. Interesting post though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am being preachy here but sometimes even I also start considering myself Clint Eastwood cool while doing silly things... But well, the point is, don't let the line get blurred.

      Delete
  2. I don't know why it is expected that every comic gig should give a moral in the end. Its purpose was to make you laugh and it did. If it didn't then probably it's just not your genre of comedy. But that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems ligit except I wasn't exactly saying that.

      Delete
    2. I didn't contradict or support you. I just put a relevant point.

      Delete
    3. I acknowledged your point. Good point. Relevant ?? Ok... Registered.

      Delete
  3. The "blurred" line is so distinctly highlighted here.. really appreciate the efforts. 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you could put the paradox in one comment that I tried in the whole post. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice wway to show this idea, i really liked the comparison in the sentences with a same situation

    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments